LEO-NET is a European association of experts or parties involved in international traineeship mobility and active in the field of skills development and youth employment. LEO-NET forms an international network of affiliated Higher Education Institutions, mobility consortia and related organisations. LEO-NET is a neutral, non-profit organisation, with a democratic and transparent structure.
- To boost students and young graduates for sustainable careers in a globalizing & inclusive society where each talent counts
- To promote international traineeship mobility and international learning mobility
- To empower students, graduates and other individuals for the future, valuing all learning opportunities for young talents.
- To facilitate employability by fostering all talents in the view of sustainable careers in a globalizing, sustainable & inclusive society
- To promote intercultural understanding
More than 20 years of experience
LEO-NET was founded in Maastricht (NL) in 1999, emerging from the needs in the framework of the former European LEONARDO-programme. Hence the name LEO-NET. It also refers to LEO-NET’s strength, vigour and endurance over the years.
LEO-NET has a solid network structure and facilitates the exchange of expertise and good practices; a breeding ground for cooperation on a regional, national and transnational level. Opportunities are created for the members to stay informed and updated on multiple levels, to inspire and empower them in the network’s shared ambition.
LEO-NET endorses the objectives of the EU Commission
in its endeavours to support Youth Employment, The European Youth Guarantee, the EU Social Agenda. Hence LEO-NET’s flagship colours, blue and yellow. We maintain strong communication lines to policy makers on different levels; though LEO-NET has its own independent and critical voice.
LEO-NET endorses the UN Sustainable Development Goals in particular
quality education (4) – gender equality (5) – decent work & economic growth (8) – partnerships for the goals (17).